AARP Illinois held this Access Live event to address concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic with residents of Illinois’ 11th congressional district. Joining the call was Congressman Bill Foster and Dr. Christina Wells. Participants had questions about topics such as:
- Extra measures being taken to protect nursing home residents and staff.
- Economic impact payment eligibility
- The safety of reopening local economies
- How students will be protected when schools are reopened
- The potential of another recovery bill
- How the United States Postal Service can be saved
Congressman Foster stated, “We need to make decisions based on the best available science.”